Printer's Apprentice A superior font manager for Windows
Printers Apprentice is a fantastic font manager for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista & XP. Whether you are a graphic artist, a publishing professional
or a software enthusiast, if you have a lot of fonts, Printer's Apprentice will help you organize your collection.
PrintersApprenticeSetup.exe (9.5 MB)
Free to download and evaluate
for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP
Released: March 24, 2015
- Font browsing, previewing and printing works with TrueType, Adobe Type, and
OpenType fonts. Font browsing and preview functions let you see and print
fonts from any storage device without copying or installing files.
You can look at every character of each font, see how fonts look in a paragraph,
find symbol characters on the keyboard, and more!
- Intelligent font install
tools let you manage fonts with more options than the Windows Control Panel
- Font grouping quickly installs or uninstalls user defined batches
of fonts with a couple of clicks.
- Printer's Apprentice shows you how fonts
look on the printed page with nine (9) different sample sheets and eight (8) different
catalogs. See the Font Catalogs & Sample Sheets page for more details.
- Do you have CDRs filled with fonts? Printer's Apprentice can print
catalog listings of every font on the CD with no effort at all!
You can download Printer's Apprentice free of charge and take it for a test drive to see if it meets your needs. It has a complete uninstaller to
cleanly remove the software from your system if needed. So why not download Printer's Apprentice today?
Purchase Printer's Apprentice
Printer's Apprentice costs US$24.99 for a single user license. The software license key is delivered to
you via email. The current version is always available for download on our web site.
Multiple copy discounts are available. Your discount will be calculated
automatically when using the "Credit Card" button, below. If you wish to
purchase multiple copies using PayPal, please contact us at
|2 - 5
|6 - 10
What's New In Printer's Apprentice 8.1?
Printer's Apprentice 8.1 has been built from the ground up to work with Windows
8, 7, Vista and XP. The interface has been refined so the software looks great running
under any of these operating systems. All of your favorite classic Printer's Apprentice features are in 8.1 along with
some new things such as the Compare Fonts tab and the super-sharp Print Preview window.
We are always adding new features to Printer's Apprentice. The latest list of changes
can be found on the Version History page.
Ideas for future releases are listed on the
Printer's Apprentice Apprentice Roadmap page.
Printer's Apprentice 8.1 Features
- windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista & XP ready! Printer's Apprentice 8.1 is only for PCs running
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista & XP.
- Supports Windows Visual Styles and themes.
- Extensive online help system and "How To" help for all dialogs
- Professional setup gets you up and running quickly. When needed, the
uninstaller removes the application and all supporting files.
- Printer's Apprentice contains no spyware, no
malware and no viruses.
- Familiar Windows Explorer-style interface for quickly viewing installed fonts
or browsing uninstalled font files on any media.
- "Preview without installing fonts" function supports TrueType, Adobe Type 1
and OpenType fonts.
- Toolbar provides fast and convenient access to frequently used features.
- Many dialogs have been redesigned so fewer steps are required to complete common tasks.
- Single character, character set, sample text and keyboard views are all
integrated into the main interface via tabs across the top.
- Character set display can be displayed using a grid in a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6,
7x7, 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10 configuration.
- Keyboard display shows you where symbol and dingbat characters are on a standard
- Easily examine copyright and other information embedded in font files.
- NEW! Compare Fonts tab shows
you multiple fonts at once using your own sample text.
- Use the Install and Uninstall features to quickly manage the TrueType, Adobe
Type 1 and OpenType fonts on your system. No rebooting is needed.
- Any number of fonts can be installed or uninstalled at once.
- Uninstalled fonts can be previewed, printed and installed from
any media including external drives, CDR, flash drives, floppies, etc.
- Uninstall functions removes fonts from Windows, deletes font-related Registry
entries and can optionally move font files to another location for backup.
- Organize your TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType font files any way you like by
sorting them into folder-based groups.
- Font group list is integrated into the main Printer's Apprentice window for easy browsing.
- Font groups are managed and navigated using the standard Windows Explorer style tree interface.
- Easily install and remove entire font groups with a few mouse clicks.
- Fonts stored in groups can be viewed and printed just like installed fonts.
- All printed catalogs and sample sheets are available for font groups.
- Easily print many sample sheets or catalogs for multiple fonts at once.
- Customizable sample text, headers and footers.
- Font catalogs print multiple fonts per page with customized point sizes.
- Font file name, path location and KB size are optionally printed for each font.
- NEW! Multi-page Print Preview
window shows you what the output is going to look like.
- NEW! For printing many fonts in a listing, Printer's Apprentice has
professionally designed catalogs. Layouts include
Single Column (1, 2 and 3 lines of text), Two Columns, Three Columns, Four
Columns, 3 Up Catalog, Keyboard Layouts and Catalog 2.
- NEW! For single font printing (one per page), Printer's Apprentice includes
font sample sheets including
Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3, Sample 4, Font Information Sheet, 72 Point Set,
Keyboard Chart, Character Set 1 and Character Set 2.