Printer's Apprentice 7.58
Printer's Apprentice 8.1 for Windows 7, Vista & XP was released on January 8, 2010.
Please see the following links for more information.
This is a recommended
upgrade for all Printer's Apprentice 7.5 users.
Printers Apprentice is a fantastic font manager for
Windows XP/2000/Me/98/95. Whether you are a graphic artist or a
publishing professional or a software enthusiast, if you have a lots of
fonts, you need Printer's Apprentice.
Printer's Apprentice will immediately help you tame your overwhelming font
- Font browsing, previewing and printing works with TrueType, Adobe Type, and
Font browsing and preview functions let you see and print
fonts from any storage device without copying or installing files.
You can look at every character of each font, see how fonts look in a paragraph,
find symbol characters on the
keyboard, and more!
- Intelligent font install
tools let you manage fonts with more options than the Windows Control Panel
Font grouping quickly installs or uninstalls user defined batches
of fonts with a couple of clicks.
- Printer's Apprentice shows you how fonts
look on the
printed page with eight (8) different sample sheets and ten (10) different
- Do you have CDRs filled with fonts? Printer's Apprentice can print
catalog listings of every font on the CD with no effort at all!
Printer's Apprentice is a shareware application. This means you can download
the software free of charge and take it for a test drive to see if it meets
your needs. It has a complete uninstaller to cleanly remove the software from
your system if needed. So why not download
Printer's Apprentice today?
What's New in 7.5?
Full support for Adobe Type 1 and OpenType fonts*,
Windows XP and "Visual Styles" support, many dialogs have been redesigned and
are resizable, new "Basic Catalog III" font catalog style available,
improved printing engine and many bug fixes. A complete list of changes
may be found here.
Other new items are marked with a red
* Type 1 and OpenType support is only
available on the Windows XP and 2000 platforms. Why?
See the FAQ page for more information.
Printer's Apprentice costs US$ 24.99. The software is delivered electronically
over the Internet. You can also receive the package on CD-ROM for a small extra
Once we receive your order, you will be sent a Registration Code for
To place an online order:
Click a method below or visit our
order information page for more offers and bundle
To order by mail
fill our the order form and send a check payable to:
Lose Your Mind Development
P.O. Box 184
Berwyn, PA 19312-0184
To order by phone
Call (877) 734-7638 and ask for product #8603. International callers should
dial (770) 497-9126.
Printer's Apprentice 7.5 is a free upgrade for users of PA 7.0 and later versions.
For users of Printer's Apprentice 6.5x and earlier, the upgrade costs US$ 12.00
To Upgrade (Printer's Apprentice 6.5x Users)
- Use the following secure link to place an order for the Printer's Apprentice
- When your order is complete, download instructions and a registration code
will be sent via email.
- Follow the instructions in the email to download, install and enter your registration code to
unlock PA 7.5.
To Upgrade (Printer's Apprentice 7.0 Users)
- Have the message with your new registration code handy.
- Download Printer's Apprentice 7.5 from this
- Unzip and install PA 7.5. It can be installed along with PA 7.0. By default,
PA 7.5 installs into a different directory.
- Follow the instructions in the email to enter your registration code and
unlock PA 7.5.
Windows XP ready! Printer's Apprentice is 32 bit software and can be used
on Windows XP/2000/Me/98/95 systems.
Supports Windows XP "Visual Styles" and themes.
- Extensive online help system and "What's This?" help for all dialogs
- Professional setup gets you up and running quickly. When needed, the
uninstaller removes the application and all DLL files.
- Installed DLL, OCX and other support files are fully disclosed and documented.
- Familiar Windows Explorer-style interface for quickly viewing installed fonts
or browsing uninstalled font files on any media.
"Preview without installation" function supports TrueType, Adobe Type 1
and OpenType* fonts.
Many dialogs have been redesigned so fewer steps are required to complete common tasks.
- Toolbar provides fast and convenient access to frequently used features.
- Single character, character set, sample text and keyboard views are all
integrated into the main interface via tab across the top.
Character set display can be displayed using a grid in a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6,
7x7, 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10 configuration.
- Keyboard display shows you where symbol and dingbat characters are on a standard
- Easily examine copyright and other information embedded in TrueType font files.
Use easy drag and drop operations to install, uninstall, copy and move
TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType* font files.
- Any number of fonts can be installed or uninstalled at once.
- Uninstalled fonts can be previewed, printed and installed from
any media (CDR, Zip drive, SuperDisc, floppy, etc).
- Uninstall Wizard removes fonts from Windows, deletes font-related Registry
entries and can optionally move font files to another location for backup.
- Font Registry Viewer lets you view, save and print TrueType font related
information from the Windows System Registry.
Organize your TrueType, Adobe Type 1 and OpenType*
collection any way you like by storing them into to groups.
- Font group list is integrated into the main Printer's Apprentice window for easy browsing.
- Font groups are managed and navigated using the standard Windows Explorer style tree interface.
- Easily install and remove entire font groups with a few mouse clicks.
- Fonts stored in groups can be viewed and printed just like installed fonts.
- All printed catalogs and sample sheets are available for font groups
- Easily print many sample sheets or catalogs for multiple fonts at once
- Customizable sample text, headers and footers
- Font catalogs print multiple fonts per page customized point size.
- Font file name, path location and KB size are optionally printed for each font.
For printing many fonts in a listing, Printer's Apprentice has 10 different
professionally designed catalogs. Layouts include
Two Column 1,
Two Column 2,
- For single font printing (one per page), Printer's Apprentice includes eight customizable
font sample sheets including
Font Info Sheet,
72 Point Set
- Support email for registered users via email
- Full online help. "What's This" help available for all dialog boxes.
- Menu options in Printer's Apprentice software jump directly to web site,
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) files and technical support email locations
- Lose Your Mind site (http://www.loseyourmind.com) contains FAQ files and